High-Speed Asynchronous Support.
The SyncLink AC RS-422/485 adapter supports high-speed asynchronous links between computers running Microsoft Windows or Linux and remote devices. This low-profile MD1 adapter complies with the latest Universal PCI specification and supports data rates up to 4Mbps (1.8432Mbps standard/4Mbps with custom crystal).
Through its serial data interface, which can be configured as RS-232, V.35, RS-422, RS-485 and RS-530, the SyncLink AC adapter connects to data communications equipment such as modems, monitoring equipment and long-distance communication devices and printers. The SyncLink AC adapter is ideal for applications such as POS networks, ATMs, bank teller stations, kiosks, medical and security equipment, as well as, CNC based production lines.
The MicroGate designed serial controller uses bus master DMA and large data FIFO for fast data transfers and minimal CPU load. Hardware RTS/CTS and driver control supports bus mode communications. The adapter works in both 3.3V and 5V PCI slots as well as PCI-X slots found in newer systems. On-board jumpers provide configuration of the Failsafe Biasing and Termination features. Failsafe biasing keeps undriven receivers found in RS-485 bus environments in the inactive state. The Termination resistor pack reduces signal reflections (echoing) on high-speed differential signals. Termination is typically used on receivers in point-to-point RS-422 applications and on end points of a RS-485 bus.
The number of installed adapters is limited only by the available PCI slots. To verify installation or test the SyncLink card at any time after installation, comprehensive board-level diagnostics provide assurance that the adapter is properly installed and operating correctly.
With FCC Class B and CE regulatory compliance, the SyncLink AC RS-422/485 adapter is available for worldwide deployment. The MicroGate FPGA based serial controller provides a flexible platform for highly customized serial protocols. Contact MicroGate today to discuss your specific communication requirements.
- Selectable RS-232, V.35, RS-422/485/530 serial interface
- Data rates up to 4Mbps (1.8432Mbps standard/4Mbps with custom crystal)
- Large 255 byte transmit and receive FIFOs
- Bus master DMA (reduced CPU load)
- Hardware CTS transmit enable
- Hardware DCD receive enable
- Optional RTS enable of RS-485 drivers
- Optional Fail-Safe biasing
- Optional Receiver Termination
- Full control and monitoring of DTR,RTS,DSR,DCD,CTS,RI
- Optional termination for differential inputs
- Optional fail safe biasing for differential inputs
- Universal (5V/3.3V) PCI 3.0, low profile MD1
- Data Bits - 5, 6, 7, 8
- Stop Bits - 1 or 2
- Parity - None, Even, Odd
- Send and detect break condition
Visit the "Related Products" and "Part Numbers" tabs for more details on the complete line of SyncLink hardware and MicroGate software solutions.
|SyncLink Single-Port Adapters|
|Standard and Extended Temperature Range Adapters|
- MicroGate FPGA serial controller (one port)
- PCI 3.0 (compatible with 5V, 3.3V, and PCI‐X slots)
- Bus Master DMA data transfer
- Environmental: Temperature 0C to 60C standard, ‐40C to +85C optional; humidity 0 to 95% non‐condensing; alt. ‐ 200 to +10,000 ft
- Mechanical: Low‐Profile PCI MD1; length 4.7 ", height 2.5 ", Weight 2.7 Oz
- Power usage: 200mA +5V, 23 mA +12V, 23mA ‐12V
- Regulatory: FCC Class B, CE, ANSI C63.4 Class B, VCCI Class B, EN55022 Class B, EN55024, RoHS
- Connector: DB‐25 (male)
- Cable Options: DB‐25 (female) to DB‐25 (male); DB‐25 (female) to 34‐pin V.35 (male); DB‐25(female) to 37‐pin RS‐449 (male); DB‐25 (female) to 15‐pin X.21 (male)
|SyncLink AC Adapters|
|Product Description||Part Number|
|SyncLink AC Adapter for Windows RS-232, V.35, RS422(530/485)||194A83|
|SyncLink AC Adapter for Linux RS-232, V.35, RS422(530/485)||194A93|
|NOTE: Use these part numbers when ordering additional adapters for use with an existing application.|
|Cables and Options|
|Product Description||Part Number|
|Synchronous RS-232 Cable (DB25F-DB25M) 6-feet||CMF000|
|V.35 Cable (DB25F-34pin Block Connector) 6-feet||2534GT|
|RS-449 Cable (DB25F-DB37M) 6-feet||2537FM|
|X.21 Cable (DB25F-DB15M) 6-feet||2515FM|
|Low-Profile Bracket supporting MD1 Compliant SyncLink GT/AC Adapters||LPB000|